Runners packages include the following:
- Return economy class airfares flying Singapore Airlines from Auckland to Berlin
- Five nights’ accommodation at the Berlin Hilton or similar
- Return airport transfers on group flights
- Guaranteed entry to the BMW Berlin Marathon
- Fully escorted tour by one of our experienced Marathon Tours representatives
- Transfer to the free pre-race event – 6K Generali Breakfast Run
- Full breakfast daily
- Free WiFi in the room
- Welcome reception
- Pre-race dinner
- Guided walking tour of Berlin
- Private Marathon Tours Help Desk
- Post-race celebration reception
- Full service for all pre- and post-travel arrangements, including tailor made itineraries and live webinars
Join 40,000 other marathoners and over 1 million spectators at the BMW Berlin Marathon, part of the World Marathon Majors marathon series. Since its inception in 1974, the course has been moved from the Grunewald, a large forest in West Berlin, to the city centre of West Berlin, to the current course which winds through both parts of the Berlin capital
With its fast, flat course, the Berlin Marathon is perfect if you are looking to improve your marathon time or complete your first race! In fact, the course is home to the current World Record time. The fast, but scenic route takes in many of the sites of Berlin including the Reichstag, Potsdamer Platz, Berliner Dom, and of course the Brandenburg Gate just before the finish line.
What do I need to travel to Berlin?
You will need a current New Zealand Passport to travel overseas, with a validity of six months or more after the date upon which you are scheduled to arrive back into New Zealand. Currently no visas are required for New Zealand Passport holders to travel to Berlin.
Do I need travel insurance?
It is compulsory that each person has travel insurance before travelling for the BMW Berlin Marathon. Although it isn’t compulsory that it’s purchased via Allianz Global Assistance (our preferred provider), we do highly recommend it, as unlike other companies, they provide cover for the actual marathon event. We recommend you take out insurance as soon as you book, as it will ensure you are covered in case you injure yourself prior to the event and can no longer travel.
How do I book?
Simply click on the yellow registration link displayed at the top of the page or phone the team on 0800 RUNNING. As this event is extremely popular don't delay. Should the upcoming event already be sold out talk to us about joining our contact list for the following year.
Is it possible to purchase an entry only?
It is not possible to purchase an entry by itself. Entries are only valid when purchased as part of a package.