Runners packages include the following:
- Return economy airfares on Air New Zealand direct service from Auckland to Chicago
- Return airport transfers on group flights
- Five nights’ accommodation at the 4-star JW Marriott Hotel or similar
- Guaranteed Bank of America Chicago Marathon entry
- Fully escorted by one of our experienced Marathon Tours representatives (subject to minimum numbers)
- Full breakfast daily
- Welcome reception
- Escorted walk to the marathon expo
- Post-race celebration dinner
- Official Bank of America Chicago Marathon 2020 t-shirt
- Chicago Architecture River Cruise
- Marathon Tours Chicago running shirt
The Bank of America Chicago Marathon is known for its flat and fast course that starts and finishes in Grant Park and travels through one of the world’s most magnificent cities. The course has produced four world records, several national records and countless personal bests. Runners enjoy the support of 1.7 million spectators as they run through 29 neighbourhoods.
Run alongside amateurs and world record holders as you weave your way through 29 historic neighbourhoods and landmarks. The atmosphere alone will get you through those 42.195 kilometres.
What do I need to travel to Chicago?
You will need a current New Zealand Passport to travel overseas, with a validity of six months or more after the date upon which you are scheduled to arrive back in New Zealand. All NZ passport holders must apply online for an ESTA Visa, at least 72 hours prior to departure for your trip to the USA. If you have a passport from another country, or have a previous criminal conviction, a visa may be required. A re-entry visa will be required by travellers leaving New Zealand holding a foreign passport.
Do I need travel insurance?
It is compulsory that each person has travel insurance before travelling for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. Although it isn’t compulsory that it’s purchased via Allianz Global Assistance (our preferred provider), we do highly recommend it, as unlike other companies, they provide cover for the actual marathon event. We recommend you take out insurance as soon as you book, as it will ensure you are covered in case you injure yourself prior to the event and can no longer travel.
Is it possible to purchase an entry by itself
It is not possible to purchase an entry by itself. Entries are only valid when purchased as part of a package.
How do I book?
Simply click on the yellow registration link displayed at the top of the page or phone the team on 0800 RUNNING. As this event is extremely popular don't delay. Should the upcoming event already be sold out talk to us about joining our contact list for the following year.