Runners packages include the following:
- Return economy airfares flying with Air New Zealand and partner airlines from Auckland to Boston
- Return airport transfers on group flights
- Four nights’ accommodation at the 4.5-star Marriott Copley Hotel or similar
- Guaranteed 2021 B.A.A. Boston Marathon entry
- Fully escorted by one of our Marathon Tours Tour Leaders
- Private coach transfer from your hotel to the start line
- Welcome reception with Marathon Tours including event briefing
- Escorted walk to the Marathon Expo
- B.A.A. Boston Marathon official shirt
- Post-race celebration dinner
- Marathon Tours Boston training shirt
- Closed Facebook group to allow you to connect with fellow Kiwi runners before departure
The historic course is a point to point event starting on Main Street in the rural New England town of Hopkinton and follows Route 135 through Ashland (the original 1897 starting point) Framingham, Natick, and Wellesley, to where Route 16 joins Route 135.
It continues on Route 16 through Newton Lower Falls to Commonwealth Avenue, turning right at the fire station onto Commonwealth which is Route 30. The route continues on Commonwealth through the Newton Hills, bearing right at the reservoir onto Chestnut Hill Avenue to Cleveland Circle. It then turns left onto Beacon Street, proceeding into Brookline, passing iconic Coolidge Corner. Reaching Kenmore Square with one mile to go, the route then follows Commonwealth Avenue inbound. The course turns right onto Hereford Street then left onto Boylston Street, finishing near the John Hancock Tower in Copley Square.
What do I need to travel to Boston?
You will need a current New Zealand Passport to travel overseas, with a validity of six months or more after the date upon which you are scheduled to arrive back in New Zealand. All NZ passport holders must apply online for an ESTA Visa, at least 72 hours prior to departure for your trip to the USA. If you have a passport from another country, or have a previous criminal conviction, a visa may be required. A re-entry visa will be required by travellers leaving New Zealand holding a foreign passport
Do I need travel insurance?
It is compulsory that each person has travel insurance before travelling for the B.A.A Boston Marathon. Although it isn’t compulsory that it’s purchased via Allianz Global Assistance (our preferred provider), we do highly recommend it, as unlike other companies, they provide cover for the actual marathon event. We recommend you take out insurance as soon as you book, as it will ensure you are covered in case you injure yourself prior to the event and can no longer travel.
Do I need to qualify to obtain a race entry?
No. With the entries that are included in your Marathon Tours package you don't need to have qualified for Boston.
How do I book?
Simply click on the yellow registration link displayed at the top of the page or phone the team on 0800 RUNNING. As this event is extremely popular don't delay. Should the upcoming event already be sold out talk to us about joining our contact list for the following year.