Le Marathon du Medoc
Routed through 59 vineyards in fabled cillages of the Medoc region, this event appeals to true connoisseurs of fine runs. Where else do they ask you at the drink stations, “red or white Madame?” There is also plain water of you so choose.
Over half of the field dresses up in costume and every year there is a new theme. The theme for 2012 has not yet been announced. In 2011 it was animals.
Calder & Lawson Marathon Tours has number of guaranteed entries. The event is limited to 8,500 runners and always sells out.
Packages start from $2,699 per adult (double/twin share)
- 5 night’s accommodation in Bordeaux at the Château Chartrons Hotel
- Breakfast each day
- Pre-race dinner in a 500 year old chateaux
- Gala Banquet at Chateau Bouscaut
- Day-after 9K wine tasting walk with lunch
- Coach transportation to all activities
- Services of Marathon Tours guide
- Variety of chateaux visits and wine tastings
- Lunch at Chateau Aney
- Welcome dinner and briefing
- Roundtrip airport transfers*
- Guaranteed race entry
In terms of airfares, it’s so easy to get to France with so many airlines on offer. The hard part is deciding who to fly with and whether to include a stopover or not! Please contact Marathon Tours on 0800 225 337 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and advice.